Sunday 17 January 2010

Great Speeches

Don't you just love them. Now I'm no Historian or what ever, so I'm talking about films here. When you see the leader rallying his men, or just when they are about to go into battle, when the end is near. There just amazing, they really get your heart moving and you wish you were there! I was watching Terminator Salvation last night, and there wasn't any amazing great speeches in this film, however John Connor (The leading man) He does a good job of rallying the men and women to his cause and not attack, he gives them all hope in the face of defeat, he is one of those men that you just wish you could be like! Bit nerdy, but King Theoden in Lord of the Rings 3 Just as he is about to lead thousands of men into battle, he rides up and down the front rank giving the men hope, courage and something worth fighting for. You just want to be there. The music and the way these people talk to us is just so inspiring, well I certainly love it.

Over the Xmas holidays I watched Narnia, and when they are about to go into battle at the end the leader in this case, Peter, says some absolute bull! Looks like he is about to crap him self and then raises his sword! Now if I was there I would certainly NOT ride with him. I would need a leader who actually looks like they care for what they are fighting for. Some-one who will inspire me to do the best I can do. I'm not sure if I have found that person yet. I suppose my teachers a little bit, but that's only cause they tell me I'm going to fail my exams! So I go away and prove them wrong! Like my Lamda teacher! The lesson before my exam she told me I was not ready, and then an Hour before she told me she didn't have much hope for me... Woa what a nice woman... Well I showed her and went in there and acted my socks off and came out with a Merit at grade 8 which I was well chuffed about! :) An extra 60 ucas points as well!

Giant out

x

1 comment:

  1. not happy, pete...
    dan has four mentions, and i have NONE!?!
    poor effort, sonny jim.

    its john, btw :P

    you should watch 'a few good men'. there's a speech at the end done by jack nickleson which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete